The 2019 annual conference will be held in Grantville, PA at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg-Hershey on February 19 and 20 prior to the PA Forage Conference being held on February 21 at the same location.
The program is under development, but the sessions currently being planned are:
- How to transition a dairy farm from confinement feeding to pasture
- Promoting clover growth in pastures
- Managing pastures before, during, and after weather extremes
- Meat marketing strategies & results from meat packing industry in ny and new england survey results
- Dairy issues: Grass-only milk, A1 versus A2 beta-casein milk, protein supplementation, and milk fatty acid analysis to adjust dairy rations
- Producer showcase
The August 2018 newsletter contains preliminary information.