The 2020 Northeast Pasture Consortium annual meeting will be held January 15 and 16, 2020, at the Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee, VT. The VT Grazing and Livestock Conference will be at the same location on January 17 and 18.
The Lake Morey Resort is off of I-91 just north of White River Junction, Vermont near the New Hampshire state line. Address is 82 Clubhouse Road, Fairlee, VT 05045. Phone numbers 800-423-1211 or 802-333-4311 (in VT).
Guest Room Rate: Single or Double, $105.00 / night
All individual reservations should be made no later than December 16, 2019. Reservations received after that date will be accepted on a space available basis. A credit card is required to confirm all room reservations. On-line reservations can be made at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The sessions currently being planned include:
- The Dos and Don’ts of Silvopasture
- Harnessing the Instinctive Behavior of Pigs on our Farms
- The Fescues: Soft-leaved and Meadow
- Pasture Soil Compaction: Identification and Remediation
- Getting the Most out of Winter Grazing by Forage Species Selection/Management and Grazing Management
- Pasture Management Practices for Achieving TMDL Reduction Goals in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- Producer Showcase: Pasture-based farmers from VT and NH
The poster session will be on January 15. Poster titles are due by December 20, 2019, and abstracts must be submitted by January 10, 2020.
The full conference registration fee for all public sector members attending is $250. Farmer registration is $75. This includes the cost of an enhanced continental breakfast, coffee breaks, and lunch for each of the two days of the meeting and an evening dinner on January 15. Register online no later than January 13, 2020.
The December 2019 Newsletter contains complete information on the conference.